Administration and reform of the federal Universal Service Fund remains center stage in Washington. In February, the FCC launched a rulemaking proceeding to reform intercarrier compensation and migrate high-cost support to the Connect America Fund. Meanwhile, as the USF contribution factor reached a new high of 15.5%, comprehensive reform of the USF contribution mechanism appears stalled even as USAC audits and contributor appeals continue to fill the Wireline Competition Bureau’s agenda.
Join Kelley Drye for a discussion of the most recent USF developments that affect your company’s bottom line today. Our speakers will offer analysis and practical advice based on front line experience in ongoing audits and appeals, and years of providing compliance and enforcement advice in this area.
The following topics will be addressed:
Intercarrier Compensation/USF Reform
- Inside the FCC’s February 8 ICC/USF NPRM
- What’s in store for the Connect America Fund for broadband deployment
- Prospects for USF contribution reform
Changes to the 2011 Form 499A and Instructions
- What you need to know to complete your April 1 annual filing
USAC Contributor Audits
- Trends and issues in current appeals
- Changes in USAC’s audit procedures
- Key strategies for a successful defense
WHEN: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 12:00PM – 1:00PM EST
This event is free of charge.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.